The GBDB assessment tool is the first step in the corporate implementation of principles developed in "Great Boss Dead Boss" by Ray Immelman. It gives a unique insight into the tribal constructs within your organisation and provides a sensible and structured foundation on which to develop an effective GBDB implementation strategy. It also provides a practical tool to gauge the success of the implementation via periodic re-assessment.
The output of the survey provides a reading of perceptions among participants regarding the status of the 23
GBDB team attributes (the Binding Factors) as well as the state of IS, IV, TS and TV within the organisation.
These are presented in graphic (bar chart) format to provide management with a snapshot from which
priority intervention areas may be identified and a GBDB implementation plan developed.
The results can be viewed for the organisation as a whole or by department or organisation
level as well as by individual attribute, as illustrated in the examples below.
Looking at the Organization as a Whole
Comparing Individual Departments or Levels to the Corporate Average
Evaluating an Individual Attribute by Organisation Level against Corporate Average
The survey instrument consists of 175 statements rated by individual respondents on a 4-point Likert scale for applicability to the organisation.
* The organization is segmented to provide both a global view and drill-down possibilities to individual sections. Segmentation may be by division, department and organizational level.
* As each organization is considered to be unique, the survey can be tailored to specific needs.
* Respondents remain anonymous in order to ensure integrity of feedback and protect PII.
* Processed response data are assimilated into chart form for interpretation.
* It is good practice to assess the entire organisation in one session.
The survey instrument is available online.
* A hard copy version is available where required.
* In both electronic and paper format, the instrument provides a user-friendly interface ensuring ease of operation. Clear instructions are provided in all versions.
* On the results side, a navigation panel gives easy access to corporate, divisional, departmental or organisational level charts, providing a 360 viewing angle of the organisation, as well as results by individual attribute.
* The output is available in PDF format for off-line use.
Re-assessing the organisation at regular intervals provides a method of gauging the progress and success of the GBDB implementation. Depending on the specific strategy implementation, re-assessment and progress evaluation is recommended at 6 - 12 month intervals.
We would love to hear about your plans to build a 21st century supertribe.
* You are most welcome to contact one of our leads below.
* All enquiries are considered confidential.
* No fields are mandatory. Just provide what you feel confortable with to enable us to respond.